[Olsr-dev] Which metric is currently running on OLSRd2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Mar 19 12:01:56 CET 2014

Hi,

Olsrd2 runs an airtime metric as the default implementation, one that
we are in the process of standardizing:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rogge-baccelli-olsrv2-ett-metric-04

It use a directional measurement of packet loss and link speed from
the linux wifi kernel to calculate.

There is also a variant that use a bi-directional packet loss
measurement as described in the original ETT papers.

There is no ETX implementation for OLSRd2, but of course if your
kernel cannot supply the link speed, the airtime metric degrades into
a packet loss metric.

Henning Rogge