[Olsr-dev] olsrv2 routes with same source IP regardless of outgoing interface

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 25 12:53:30 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Vigneswaran R <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> On 06/25/2014 04:13 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> I think this behavior is correct, the originator is the global node IP
>> to identify the node, so it should be reachable over all interfaces...
>>
>> if you want to overwrite the source address, put the address on the
>> loopback interface (as a /32 or /128), add the loopback interface to
>> the OLSRv2 interface list and use the same source-ip for the whole
>> node.
>
> Ok, thank you.

Another advantage is that you only need one global routable address
for each node instead of "using up" one of them per interface. If you
select non-routable addresses as interface addresses (e.g.
169.254.0.0/16 or fe80::/10), you even keep your routing tables small
because you only need one entry per node (and one per attached network
of course).