[Olsr-dev] olsrv2 routes with same source IP regardless of outgoing interface

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 7 11:14:43 CEST 2014

On 07/07/2014 11:12 AM, Vigneswaran R wrote:
> On 07/07/2014 02:01 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> On 07/07/2014 09:02 AM, Vigneswaran R wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Tested OLSRv2 with the configuration you suggested -- main IP on 'lo'
>>> interface, link local IP on the other interfaces, and it worked fine.
>>> It reduced the routing table entries. Thanks.
>> Great to hear that it worked for you... if you want you can also do the
>> following experiment, just set NO IPv4 address on the interfaces (except
>> for the global one on the loopback), OLSRv2 contains a plugin that
>> automatically sets linklocal IPv4 addresses on such interfaces and
>> continuously looks for collisions.
>
> Ok. Just tried that with two (qemu virtual) machines connected through
> Ethernet, and here are my observations,
>
> * olsrv2 automatically assigned the same network address
> (169.254.1.0/16) to all the Interfaces (on both the machines)
>
> inet 169.254.1.0/16 scope link eth0
> inet 169.254.1.0/16 scope link eth1
> inet 169.254.1.0/16 scope link eth2
> inet 169.254.1.0/16 scope link eth3

Hmm... same IPv6 linklocal Address (and MAC) on each of the four interfaces?

Can you give me both (mac and IPv6) so I can reproduce and fix the bug?

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:(spam-protected) http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de