[Olsr-dev] Default route handling

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 15 09:00:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

the OLSRv2 core has something called the route filter, where a plugin
(or other core code) can register so it is called when a route
changes. Instead of changing the route data (to move it to a different
routing table for example) it could easily use this signal to trigger
an external script. You just have to be careful that you fork first,
otherwise the script would block the routing agent.

See src-plugins/route_modifier in the OLSRv2.git repository as an example.

I will have a look at the plugin tomorrow, shouldn't be difficult to
add the "trigger script" option.

Henning Rogge

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Alina Friedrichsen <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> A Script that are called when the default route changes. The arguments
> are a list of the best default routes. So that the script can setup a
> tunnel or so. Can you add such configuration option to the OLSRv2
> daemon?

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan