[Olsr-dev] New plugin: telnet

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Mar 17 10:54:55 CET 2013

I had a long discussion about the plugin with Equinox when I was in
Vienna a few weeks ago.

I think our (me and Equinox) consensus was that if we want to include
this functionality (which I think could be useful!), we should put the
telnet server into the core and convert all of our "text output
plugins" to telnet plugins. We just have to see how we get away with
it without breaking too many things.

I think Equinox has/had planned to look over the code again to fix
some small issues with it... he will most likely reappear with the
code on this list when its ready.

Henning

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Manuel Munz <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> On 20.02.2013 22:11, equinox wrote:
> [...]
>> The attached patch-set now has only 6 patches. Besides the first patch,
>> which adds the plugins core, it should be possible to apply or skip each
>> of them individually.
>>
>> regards
>>  christian
>>

> Was there any progress discussing the inclusion of this plugin? I would
>  vote for it, the usage scenario i have for it is setting hna for
> automatic ipv6 configuration without having to restart olsrd each time a
> hna was added or removed.
>
> Regards, Manuel

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan