[Olsr-dev] [Commotion-dev] Can't talk between desktop OLSRd and Commotion OpenWRT boxes

Mikael Nordfeldth (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 15 00:53:26 CET 2013

> I don't think there are any errors during compilation but during
> runtime.  It
> seems that with a 0.6.1 through 0.6.5, using -O2 in the build stopping
> olsrd
> from working on his machine.
>
> [...]
>
> The key error seems to be this, which seems to show up when -O2 is
> used, but
> does not show up when -O2 is removed:
>
> sendto(v4): Invalid argument

Yes, this is a correct description of the problem. It wasn't a problem
with successfully compiling or not, but _using_. Only when using -O2
(though I haven't tried other optimization levels yet) do I get the
sendto(v4) invalid argument error. Despite, it seems, interface
address/netmask configuration.

(I was sure I had sent of a reply to this earlier, but I guess I failed
to actually press send as I was in a rush earlier today, so thanks HC
for clearing it up)