[Olsr-dev] Potential bug in "release" Makefile

Will Hawkins (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 10 17:35:53 CEST 2013

Hello all!

First of all, thank you all for the work that you do developing and
maintaining olsrd.

I think I've come across a problem with the Makefile in releases dating
back to at least v 0.6.3. In Makefile on line 82 (under the builddata.c
target) there is a call to git (git log ...) that fails because the
releases are distributed without git metadata. It would appear that the
build continues and generates an olsrd binary, but it produces a
conspicuous error.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide about
this. Thanks again for all that you all do!

Will