[Olsr-dev] RFC: secure access control for SmartGW tunnels

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 22 21:47:14 CET 2013

Interesting idea.

When finished extending smartgw for multiple tunnels, and time permits, I would love a tunnelless smartgw. With IPv6, this is doable, with routing based in source address (to gw that "owns" the prefix) in case destination is outside the manet. Something IETF Homenet is looking for.

A not so secure method is (dynamically) set up a filter on the gw for a (range of) address(es).

How would the transport-AH-HMAC work for attached nodes? Just sign the packets and strip at gw? How can gw know which packets should be stripped?

Teco

Op 22 jan. 2013, om 16:02 heeft Daniel het volgende geschreven: