[Olsr-dev] DL loading failed: undefined symbol OLSR Plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 14 19:19:57 CET 2013

Did you get any compiler errors when compiling the code of the plugin
with a current OLSRd source?

Henning Rogge

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Ricardo T. Macedo
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install a plugin OLSR for optimization of the choice of
> multiple paths (http://www.irccyn.ec-nantes.fr/spip.php?article527&lang=en),
> although the source code compilation and generation of binary not present
> problems, to load the plugin I am getting the message:
>
> DL loading failed: "/usr/lib/olsrd_sereadmo.so.0.1: undefined symbol:
> g_ser_device_name"!
> -- PLUGIN LOADING FAILED! --
>
> Searching in the code I saw that this symbol consists of a variable and that
> it is defined as follows in the file ser_device.cpp, line 16:
> char g_ser_device_name[50];
>
> To check if the variable was set in binary, I used the command:
> $ objdump -T olsrd_sereadmo.so.01
>
> and my result was:
> 00000000 D *UND* 00000000    g_ser_device_name
>
> This indicates that the symbol is not defined in spite of what appears in
> the code. I would like to understand why I'm having this error and how can I
> fix it.
>
> Can anyone point me a direction?
>
> Thanks and best regards.
> Ricardo.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."