[Olsr-dev] local broadcast/custom message types

Lotte Steenbrink (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 20 22:12:25 CET 2013

Hi,
I'm part of a small group of students that try to experiment with different forwarding strategies on mobile ad hoc networks (between several nexus 7) using olsrd. For this, we need the devices to be able to send local broadcasts that will only reach their 1-hop-neighbors and will not be forwarded. I guess we need to implement a custom message type, but the documentation on how to do this exactly is kind of... Sparse.
We're rummaging through the code right now but since this is a frustrating thing to do and our time is limited, I wanted to ask if anybody on this list has any ideas, would like to help us or point us towards HOWTOs we might not have found yet?

With kind regards,
Lotte