[Olsr-dev] SmartGateway and DHCPv6 assigned dynamic prefixes

Daniel (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 29 11:19:57 CET 2012

Hi!

I got a small problem and hope that someone already thought of that before:
I want to supply an IPv6 uplink to my local community wireless network which is
using OLSR. In the past couple of weeks, I was reading and understanding most of
the OLSR (v1) sources and realized that the SmartGateway feature is pretty close
to how I imagined things to work.
However, there is one problem:
The SmartGateway needs a static IPv6 prefix which is then announced for clients
to pick an address within that prefix. Unfortunately, my ISP provides only
dynamic/temporary IPv6 prefixes via DHCPv6.
So I got as far as setting up dhcp6c in a way that it would ask for another
prefix deligated to a dummy interface (?) and trigger a HUP signal to olsrd via
hotplug or the dhcp-script, which should then make olsrd update the HNA6
announced IPv6 gateway prefix.
Can anyone imagine how this (DHCPv6-deligated-HNA6) can be done smartly?

Cheers

Daniel