[Olsr-dev] which IPv6 options: RFC2292 or RFC3542

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Oct 13 08:34:04 CEST 2012

Me neither, I have no Mac and no knowledge about BSD.

Aaron, can you look at this?

Henning

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Hans of Guardian
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Related to this bug report, olsrd does not compile on Mac OS X > 10.6:
> http://olsr.org/bugs/view.php?id=35&history=1
>
> The problem is related to this comment in the Mac OS X networking headers:
>
> http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/xnu-1699.24.8/bsd/netinet6/in6.h
>
> /*
>  * RFC 3542 define the following socket options in a manner incompatible
>  * with RFC 2292:
>  *   IPV6_PKTINFO
>  *   IPV6_HOPLIMIT
>  *   IPV6_NEXTHOP
>  *   IPV6_HOPOPTS
>  *   IPV6_DSTOPTS
>  *   IPV6_RTHDR
>  *
>  * To use the new IPv6 Sockets options introduced by RFC 3542
>  * the constant __APPLE_USE_RFC_3542 must be defined before
>  * including <netinet/in.h>
>  *
>  * To use the old IPv6 Sockets options from RFC 2292
>  * the constant __APPLE_USE_RFC_2292 must be defined before
>  * including <netinet/in.h>
>  *
>  * Note that eventually RFC 3542 is going to be the
>  * default and RFC 2292 will be obsolete.
>  */
>

> So the question I have is, does src/bsd using RFC2292 or RFC3542 IPv6 options?  Then I can commit the fix.
>
> .hc

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."