[Olsr-dev] default_lq_serialize_hello_lq_pair_ffeth

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 13 14:01:15 CET 2012

On 13/11/12 13:44, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On 11/13/2012 01:42 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:

>>> Could be a way to make sure you don't mix up the different routing
>>> metrics, similar to the trick we did for the etxff_eth metric (it also
>>> used byte 2/3 I think).
>
>> that makes no sense, we have several different lq plugins, each with
>> different semantics in these bytes...
>
> We have a couple of standard metrics (etx_float, etxff, etxfpm) which
> use the bytes 0/1 and are all compatible with each other.
>
> And we have one/two experimental metrics (which accidently both use byte
> 2/3).

also, the readme says

'The message format of etx_ff is compatible with etx_fpm and etx_float.'

It seems to me that we need to include (missing now!) a value in the
packet to indicate which plugin is used to handle the LQ values...

--
Ferry Huberts