[Olsr-dev] mDns plugin improvement

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Thu May 31 19:16:56 CEST 2012

Take a look at PIM, RFC 3973 and 4601. The hello packets select the designated router (DR).

Check SMF RFC 6621, 9.4.  Multiple Border Routers. You don't find a solution for mdns here.

The protocol would be similar for mdns & bmf & p2pd. mdns and p2pd has same packet encoding and are somewhat interoperable and should be merged.

The protocol would be active on the HNA / NonOlsrIf, right? So send/receive UDP? Or OLSR packets on non-olsr interfaces? Risk: segment that connects two disjunct OLSR networks.

Long term development: use packetbb. Or just run olsrv2 on these interfaces, with some protection. And support mdns on all kind of interfaces.

I suggest to keep close to the olsr hello protocol itself.

Teco

Op 31 mei 2012, om 18:01 heeft ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) het volgende geschreven: