[Olsr-dev] quagga plugin is broken using the latest stable quagga 0.99.21

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed May 30 09:30:21 CEST 2012

>> do we want to fix this before 0.6.3 release ?
> Do you think it is difficult to do?

I have no idea, I am a user of quagga plugin not really a developer :)

I started to read the code yesterday, and I modified the protocol from
1 to 2 (after reading what protocol was expected in the quagga code).

Just changing the protocol number passed from the plugin to zebra did
not work of course :) Something really changed in the syntax.

I went throught the git changesets of quagga but I gave up. I hope
Vasillis will reply soon on this topic.


commit 8d79efddb9c63f3b45e0ee7cac9508509b3b939c
Author: David Lamparter <(spam-protected)>
Date:   Fri Apr 20 17:26:48 2012 +0200

    lib: bump ZSERV_VERSION to 2

    continually changing the zserv protocol without bumping up the version
    number has made it impossible to talk to zebra without knowing the exact
    version.  in reality, increasing the version number more often guards
    against inadvertedly running incompatible versions of a daemon and zebra
    as well as aids external development.

      * lib/zclient.h: #define ZSERV_VERSION 2

    Signed-off-by: David Lamparter <(spam-protected)>


More information about the Olsr-dev mailing list