[Olsr-dev] quick and stupid version on txtinfo plugin

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Fri May 25 15:01:10 CEST 2012

On 25-05-12 14:53, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On 05/25/2012 02:49 PM, Teco Boot wrote:
>> At least you care :-)
>>
>> I use it quite often. Single plugin, providing webpages
>> and CLI output. Important: it works (most of the times).
>> I see a misformed webpage every now and then (multiple
>> connections or high utilisation).
>>
>> Question is having an embedded webserver in new release,
>> or having an API to a real web server and having a management
>> tool. Both have pros and cons. Embedded webserver is
>> independent, IMHO a nice feature. Should be a viewer only.
>> But as Ferry mentioned, separating is better.
>
> The "webserver" is just a thin engine that understands and parses HTTP
> GET and POST requests and allow to add callbacks for paths or files.
> Should be easy to combine this with a real webserver by forwarding a
> request to a "localhost only" OLSRd server.

So no reason we can't separate that from the routing daemon. :-)

I think we need to work towards a more scaleable, loosely coupled system.

At one time I've even considered creating a special plugin, a message
forwarder. For all tasks that do not involve interfacing with the olsrd
core this new plugin would enable these tasks to be separate processes.
I still think that's a nice idea.

--
Ferry Huberts