[Olsr-dev] first sketch of jsoninfo olsrd plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed May 9 21:39:05 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Ferry Huberts <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> On 09-05-12 20:43, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> Very nice, I will have a look at it in the next days.

> And how would this be secured?
> I'm not feeling very comfortable with allowing random processes to change my
> HNAs

Thats one of the advantages of two sockets... you can bind the
"control" socket to 127.0.0.1... which at least makes it impossible
for outside nodes to change your settings.

>> One of the goals is to have a simple, standard-feeling API getting and
>> setting things in olsrd.  Having the hna setting in a different plugin
>> means opening a separate network socket, and would add needless
>> complexity.  Instead someone who wants a standalone runtime_hna plugin
>> could just take the code out of the jsoninfo plugin, and we have both
>> options.

We will do this in the next release of OLSRd with the centralized
telnet and http server. But I don't think mixing two totally different
functionalities in the same plugin is really good.

Henning Rogge

--
Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that