[Olsr-dev] first sketch of jsoninfo olsrd plugin

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Wed May 9 20:43:11 CEST 2012

On 05/09/2012 03:07 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 06:50 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>> I just pushed the first version of the jsoninfo plugin for getting the
>> status and config info from olsrd in JSON format.  Right now, it gives
>> all of the data that the txtinfo plugin does, indeed it is based on
>> the txtinfo plugin.  It does not yet return the /config information.
>
> Very nice, I will have a look at it in the next days.
>

>> Also, I plan on adding the ability to configure HNAs at runtime via
>> this plugin (like dyn_gw_plain).
>
> I would suggest putting this into a different plugin, so it can be used
> independently of the jsoninfo plugin.
>
> maybe "runtime_hna" plugin?

One of the goals is to have a simple, standard-feeling API getting and
setting things in olsrd.  Having the hna setting in a different plugin
means opening a separate network socket, and would add needless
complexity.  Instead someone who wants a standalone runtime_hna plugin
could just take the code out of the jsoninfo plugin, and we have both
options.

.hc