[Olsr-dev] olsrd v2 and inotify

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Tue May 8 15:01:50 CEST 2012

Hi Henning

One thing I would _love_ to see in olsrd v2 is inotify integration.
In a way that I can hand the core a list of files I want to watch.
Since inotify works with a socket, I guess this shouldn't be too hard to
add, right?
We could just add it to the scheduler, it polls the inotify socket for
events and delivers them to the right plugin.

This would also be very handy for automatically reloading the config
file when it changes.

What do you think?

PS. I'm not sure if BSD and Windblows have something similar, but we
could start by making it a Linux specific extension to the core

--
Ferry Huberts