[Olsr-dev] port OLSR to Windows with IPv6 support

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 19 13:06:28 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Buddhika gunathilaka <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hi
>
> sorry for lots of questions, I wanted to know what this project exactly
> about. Because it is very specific field. If it is up to me to come up with
> a solution so it's ok.

to clarify this:

finding your own solution is at least not needed for the question where to
put the missing functions within olsrd.

and i guess ferry just wondered about your c (or general programming)
knowledge, as its pretty obvious (at least from our viewpoint) where the os
specific parts are within olsrd codebase.
i.e src/win32 or src/bsd or src/linux
and there its again obvious that the kernel_routes.c is the relevant file,..

and one minute browsing of just the online git repo, should (good c
programmer or not) be enough to find this out yourself,..

e.g.
http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=blob;f=src/win32/kernel_routes.c;hb=stable#l126

anyways, beside where to put the missing/unimplemented routing functions.
following questions are still mostly up to you:

how to implement the missing ipv6 windows routing code

how to improve the existing and potentially unreliable/outdated ipv4
routing code.

which unfortunaly has not much to do with socket programming, or general c
programming of networked applications, but about digging through
documentaion of or already knowing the windows routing api.

Markus