[Olsr-dev] algorithm to generate BSSID from SSID and channel

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 29 19:57:44 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Here's our idea for a standard algorithm for generating a static BSSID
> based on the SSID and the channel.  Aaron suggested using the channel
> directly in the BSSID to lower the risk of conflicts.  Basically,
> networks with the same BSSID on different channels will work,

yes but many devices will actually connect to each other on such a setup.
of course with quite bad reception as the channel is wrong,

(in the lab with afair some bulelts this worked up to an offset of 15mhz!)

-> use different BSSID

Markus