[Olsr-dev] does the current Debian olsrd.conf work with a mesh?

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 29 19:06:14 CEST 2012

IMHO, why would I blindly follow rules when I have actual, real world
data that clearly demonstrates the problems with those rules?

That wikipedia page shows the theory quite nicely, but it does not take
into account so many real world factors.  It shows a picture of a clean
room lab environment, where you have complete control over all of the
radio waves in the 2.4GHz band.

Working with radio waves means understanding the theory, but always
basing decisions on real world measurement.  The world of radio waves is
vastly too complex to be predicted by such simple theories.

.hc