[Olsr-dev] olsr strange behaving / nearly no outgoing packets / patched olsrd

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 28 20:10:55 CEST 2012

On 06/28/2012 02:00 PM, Markus Kittenberger wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <
> (spam-protected)> wrote:

>>> 8-) these are those f*cking openwrt-patches:
>>> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/olsrd/patches
>>>
>>> again: we must merge this...
>>>
>>> bye, bastian
>>
>> I'll happily fix 900-force_copy_olsrd_conf_file.patch, but I'd use
>> 'install' rather than 'cp -f'.  That's the standard tool to use in
>> Makefiles for this kind of thing.
>>
>> If there are no objections, I'll do this now.
>>
>> .hc
>
> there has been discussion about this on the last battemesh (between
> jow,saverio,henning and me)
>
> (and we had an conclusion, do not really remember it but it existed (-;)
>
> (and i asumed this patch does not exist anymore by now)
>
> but hmm please do not do another fix now (while it might be the same as we
> decided, but i want to find out why it was not done first)
>
> Markus

This has not been changed in olsrd.git, its still 'cp -i'.  I've worked
a lot with make and Makefiles, it is generally best to use 'install'
instead of 'cp'.  Really the only time I've seen a good reason to use
'cp' in a Makefile is if someone wants to do a 'cp -R' hack.  The
'install' program is already in use in the current Makefile.

Plus using 'install' will fix your issue.  'install' basically acts like
'cp -f'.

.hc