[Olsr-dev] compiler warnings for regex on Android-only

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 20 21:13:21 CEST 2012

On 06/20/2012 02:54 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:

> On 20-06-12 20:25, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> I understand your point.
>>> However, looking at the fixes (again) I see absolutely no reason to
>>> revert them.
>>>
>>> Drowning real warnings in unrelevant warnings is not a preferred way to
>>> keep olsrd stable.
>>
>> You should revert them because, as the Android maintainer, I asked you
>> to.  I find it quite rude that you didn't even bother to ask me and just
>> went ahead and committed.  Have you even tested your changes to
>> Android's regex?
>

> fine. I'll revert.
> (__I'm__ being rude???)

If you feel strongly about getting rid of those warnings, changing
widely used code that is almost 20 years old, then go ahead and develop
a test suite to verify that your changes aren't adding any subtle bugs.
 Then I'd be ok with it.

I for one really don't want to mess with a regex engine, and I think
your PUD and sgwdynspeed work is really much more valuable.

.hc