[Olsr-dev] olsrd debian update

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 8 14:22:43 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Henning, could you commit these?  It seems that my commits are
> controversial these days, so I want to minimize the disturbances.

I would not say controversial, I would say interesting.

Discussions on a patch often says that you hit an important area and
people trying to help to get the details right. As with your
/usr/local patch, it is a good step into the right direction, but it
seemed there still was at least one distribution having problems with
it. But I think Ferry already posted a proposal how to fix it.

We did not wanted a patch that changed something fundamental (like the
install position of the executable) without having the time to make
sure we get all the details right, but we still want to get the issue
resolved. Its just the way discussions about patches work.

So I hope you and Ferry can get out a version of the /usr/local stuff
that works for everyone.

(and I will look through the Debian patches for OLSRd this weekend)

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."