[Olsr-dev] change default install location to /usr/local

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Jun 3 01:41:41 CEST 2012

*sigh*

damned, so much for the hope getting more input what to do...

Okay, here is my suggestion. We release 0.6.3 without the /usr/local
patch, to be sure that nothing can go wrong. Directly after the
release, we commit the patch to stable repository so everyone using a
direct Git build can test it. After this we can look into the new
Quagga input we just got and some other things, and release 0.6.4 when
we are sure that the new commits are stable and tested.

Its not that we always have to wait for half a year or more for a
release, we can do 0.6.4 later this year.

Oh, and we might want to start a discussion about how to handle this
process a little bit better. I am concentrating most of my work on the
next generation of OLSR, its a little bit crazy to decide all things
like this. Especially now where we got more people contributing to the
project. :)

Henning

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM, L. Aaron Kaplan <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2012, at 4:31 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> I'm curious about how the decision process works in olsrd, since I'm relatively new to olsrd.  From what I see, "we decided" means Henning and Ferry decided. Is that the current process?
>>

> De-facto Henning is *currently* our friendly benevolent tech-dictator who can be convinced with good arguments.
>
> I am pretty much tied up with work and other tasks right now but I keep in the background and make sure that things can develop on their own. If not, I'll try to direct things in the right direction.
>
> Layer-8-Aaron.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."