[Olsr-dev] mDNS plugin new features ready for push

Jeremy Lakeman (spam-protected)
Sun Jul 29 04:25:37 CEST 2012

Multicast traffic assumes that all devices on a subnet can hear each
other. A multicast router only repeats multicast traffic on interfaces
that it didn't arrive on. This is an assumption that obviously doesn't
work on a layer 3 routed mesh network.

Fixing multicast properly would involve a kernel patch to allow all
multicast traffic to be forwarded across the mesh in olsr broadcast
messages.