[Olsr-dev] gateway code

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 24 15:10:38 CEST 2012

Op 24 jul. 2012, om 14:18 heeft Henning Rogge het volgende geschreven:

> On 07/24/2012 02:17 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:

>>> So if it happens (for example because a network script has to take the
>>> interface down), what do you do afterwards?
>>>

>> we don't stop electing a new gateway, so the old one will be replaced by
>> a new one.
>
> So maybe the tunnel going down should trigger a new gateway selection (or maybe something else)?

I pick: something else.
When there are multiple gateways, we can set up multiple tunnels. If we have that code, we can set up smarter gw routing. If time permits, we take that route (with the policy routing trick).
1st: get smart-gw code clean and mean.

Let's not spend our time to repair some damage, caused by unknown scripts or manual interventions.

Teco