[Olsr-dev] MPR selection algorithm in olsr

Bidur Devkota (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 20 10:36:27 CEST 2012

Hi All,
I have gone through a couple of resources for OLSR MPR selection. As
default method, OLSR protocol uses Greedy method for the purpose of
Multipoint Relay (MPR) selection. Also, different optimization have been
proposed for the MPR selection based on node density, necessity first, etc.
1. I am seeking to know about the best way to optimize it. Any direction in
this regard is appreciated.
2. Also, the RFC for OLSR
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3626.txt)<https://www.researchgate.net/go.Deref.html?url=http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3626.txt)>
shows
just the 2003 version. How can I know about the CHANGES/UPDATES done in MPR
selection in the NEWER version of OLSR.

Thanks !

Bidur