[Olsr-dev] 0.6.4 release and "howto do it"

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Thu Jul 19 20:37:05 CEST 2012

Op 19 jul. 2012, om 20:26 heeft Henning Rogge het volgende geschreven:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Op 19 jul. 2012, om 19:02 heeft Henning Rogge het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> I suggested it because debian will most likely not just switch to
>>> 0.6.4, but keep a 0.6.3 plus bugfixes OLSRd.
>> Yes. Debian policies works a bit against us.
>>
>>> And it would be very helpful to have a full version of the debian code
>>> in the olsr.org repository for debugging.
>> Yes. My first thoughts was that there would be multiple repositories and
>> / or special branches.
>> So the 0.6.3.x fix-releases are not special for debian at all.
>> My concerns faded away. Thanks.
>
> The idea is that if we have a distribution that is fixed on a certain
> version, we maintain the "fix only" branch of this version longer.
> Otherwise keeping track where the bugs of this distribution are coming
> from will become a problem.

I understand the versioning. This is already out there for 0.6.3. Do you
know the difference between 0.6.3-4 and 0.6.3-2?
http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&keywords=olsrd

This was my concern.

Teco