[Olsr-dev] 0.6.4 release and "howto do it"

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Thu Jul 19 11:31:10 CEST 2012

On 19-07-12 10:30, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think its time to test a new release system for the next release,
> otherwise we will get nowhere with it.
>
> Based on the discussions  we had in the last months I think we need two
> things:
>
> - a place to push new stuff which will be integrated into the next release
> - a place to push bugfixes for an existing release (and bugfixes only!)
>
> My current plan for this is the following.
> 1) I will rename the "master" branch into "historic_master" in the next
> days.
>
> 2) When we start with the 0.6.4 release, I will create a new master
> branch, based on current stable.

I'd prefer to have this done with a merge, so that there's no surprises
when people are pulling.

You can do this (before renaming branches):
   git checkout stable
   git merge --no-ff -s ours

--
Ferry Huberts