[Olsr-dev] 0.6.4 release and "howto do it"
Thu Jul 19 10:30:56 CEST 2012
I think its time to test a new release system for the next release,
otherwise we will get nowhere with it.
Based on the discussions we had in the last months I think we need two
- a place to push new stuff which will be integrated into the next release
- a place to push bugfixes for an existing release (and bugfixes only!)
My current plan for this is the following.
1) I will rename the "master" branch into "historic_master" in the next
2) When we start with the 0.6.4 release, I will create a new master
branch, based on current stable.
3) I will also create a "stable_0.6.4" branch where we can put fixes for
4) We then can test the 0.6.4 branch for build problems. As soon as the
packet maintainers and testers agree, we will tag a 0.6.4 release.
New development can be done in the master branch... if someone wants to
work on something big, he can either create his own branch or use his
own repository... using your own repo has the disadvantage that you most
likely will not get much feedback.
We just need to keep an eye on "fixes" in the master and cherry pick
them for the current "stable".
I plan to remove the stable branch completely, so we do not have the
problem of people pushing into a "stable branch" because the didn't
heard about our change.
@Hans Christoph: Do you think we should also create a 0.6.3 branch to
collect bugfixes for the Debian release version? This would simplify
maintaining the Debian packet I think.
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Neuenahrer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961, Fax +49 228 9435 685
GPG: E1C6 0914 490B 3909 D944 F80D 4487 C67C 55EC CFE0
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6169 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the Olsr-dev