[Olsr-dev] please revert " force copy the olsrd.conf file during install"

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 4 19:05:00 CEST 2012

On Jul 4, 2012, at 3:07 AM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:

>> Apparently it was once intended to reuse upstream make install to
>> install binaries, shared files and shared objects into a staging
>> prefix but it looks like the rest of the Makefile still uses the "fish
>> interesting files out of random build dir locations"-approach...
>>
>> So the Build/Install step is indeed unneeded and the PKG_INSTALL:=1 as
>> well.
>
> Hello,
>
> I did a test on changing the make file to use the upstream make
> install to install binaries.
>
> I understood why the current implementation is :  "fish interesting
> files out of random build dir locations"
>
> the upstream make install will install olsrd and plugins at once.
> Instead OpenWRT packages each plugin in a separate ipkg, so I think it
> is impossible to use the upstream make install.

In the Debian package, we do use the olsrd 'make install', then use the Debian tools to split the files into different packages.  I think if you can do this with openwrt, this is the best approach.

.hc