[Olsr-dev] please revert " force copy the olsrd.conf file during install"

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 3 17:11:44 CEST 2012

Regarding the overwriting of /etc/olsrd.conf, I think Debian has a good model for how to handle that:

- if the file doesn't exist, install it
- if the file exists, and the user says Y to overwrite, move the old
  one to /etc/olsrd.conf.old
- if the file exists, and the user says N to overwrite, install the new
  one to /etc/olsrd.conf.new

Or it could just happen automatically:

- if /etc/olsrd.conf doesn't exist, install the new
  one to /etc/olsrd.conf
- if /etc/olsrd.conf exists, install the new
  one to /etc/olsrd.conf.new

.hc