[Olsr-dev] nightly builds?

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 10 00:33:16 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> I run some build servers for various projects, and if people think it
> would be helpful, I will volunteer to set up automated builds on these
> servers.  There could easily be multiple builds, like 'stable',
> 'master'

no master is currently for sure not targeted to users wich do not compile
it theirself,..

> , and wherever the cmake build system is.

i am not 100% sure if people which do not know how to build olsrd, should
really use it,..

as often they also do not know how to configure networks basics, or
wireless interfaces,..

(but yes, i am aware that it would help many people to have
binaries/packages,
just afraid of even more 'stupid' support questions, on olsrd mailinglists,
i would have to start to simply ignore)

> Currently the easily supported platforms are:
>
> Android                         armeabi
> Debian  stable/testing          i386 and amd64
> Ubuntu  last 3 or 4 releases    i386
> Windows XP MinGW                i386
> Windows XP Cygwin               i386
> MacOSX  10.5                    i386/32-bit
> MacOSX  10.6                    x86_64/64-bit
> MacOSX  10.5                    PowerPC/32-bit
>
> An openwrt cross-compiler is also an option, but I would have to set
> that up on a build server, so it would be a chunk of work.

its not not really "much" work,..

(and infact it does not need to be a full openwrt-toolchain
(which is always updated for each openwrt version, or that needs to exist
for every openwrt target /plattform)
just matching cpu-architecture and uclibc is enough

(same applies e.g. to ubuntu and debian, one .deb for all i386 or amd64
should be enough)

btw i have/had lazy actualised (while its infact fully automised, so i just
need to do a cronjob to offer nightlies) openwrt buildsystems (indluding
openwrt compatible repositories)
for some openwrt (and other) targests (its missing newer openwrt/uclibc
versions, as afair old ones do still work and i got lazy,..)

e.g. http://193.238.157.78/~markus/olsrd/cross/

or
http://193.238.157.78/~markus/olsrd/cross/arch_ar71xx/uclibc_0.9.30/packages/Packages.gz

Markus