[Olsr-dev] shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/olsrd/olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Sat Feb 4 13:58:57 CET 2012

On Fre, 2012-02-03 at 15:45 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Any reason with olsrd_httpinfo is built without -fPIC?  Debian packaging
> tools complain about it:

What's the reason for this?

IIRC that was historically some port/os-specific compiler flag in olsrd
source.
Personally I don't see any real reason to avoid (at least it in the
Linux world) - some architectures can actually only generate PIC and on
others it won't really hurt IMHO for almost all programs.
But I never really investigated the real differences in the assembler
code and their impacts ....

	Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : (spam-protected)
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at