[Olsr-dev] lua in olsrd sources

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Sat Feb 4 13:51:10 CET 2012

On Sam, 2012-02-04 at 10:56 +0100, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Not sure anyone used this plugin at all. Its also (most likely) an
> ancient version of lua.

IMHO probably nobody (except people reading CVS logs/mails and
porters/packagers noticing reduced download speed of the olsrd-*.tar.gz
and missing warnings and errors with newer or older gcc version) would
have noticed the removal (or just disabling in the Makefiles to test the
waters;-) in/with 0.5.0.

I never used that plugin, it had no simple test script - or any other
application - with it, I do not know if anyone actually uses it (and one
public inquiry ages ago didn't produce any feedback - as with almost all
other plugins except the httpinfo, txtinfo and BMR IIRC).

Perhaps Andreas T. - from which I more or less took over maintainership
ages ago - knows how/when/why the LUA interpreter ended up in there.

	Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : (spam-protected)
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at