[Olsr-dev] changing 'linux' macro to __linux__ or __gnu_linux__

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Thu Feb 2 17:54:39 CET 2012

On 02/02/2012 11:23 AM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> On 01-02-12 20:56, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> If people are amenable, I'll post a patch.  This isn't so much to fix a
>> specific issue now, but rather to prevent issues from arising in the
>> future.
> it fixes nothing.
> fix issues when they arise.

I ask because I'll be working on olsrd on Android for the coming months,
so I'm trying to learn why things in olsrd are the way they are so I can
submit useful and appropriate patches.

IMHO, using '#ifdef __linux__' instead of '#ifdef linux' fixes
readability because '__linux__' is defined in a standard, documented,
widely deployed way while  'linux' is always locally defined.  When I
see '__linux__', I know where its coming from and I've used it many
times myself.  When I see 'linux', I have to go look it up.


More information about the Olsr-dev mailing list