[Olsr-dev] New OLSRd Plugin (derivative of olsrd_secure)

Will Hawkins (spam-protected)
Sat Dec 29 06:50:35 CET 2012

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 04:03 EST, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Exactly.
>
> Which means (in terms of security) that signing packets is only hop-by-hop
> security, not end-to-end security. Signing the outgoing multicast-packets
> with a static shared key would do the same job.

Thanks Saverio and Henning for your responses. That all seems to match up with our goal for this plugin. As I said earlier, having this hop-by-hop security mechanism is just one layer in a defense-in-depth approach to security.

Thanks again!
Will