[Olsr-dev] [OpenWrt-Devel] package olsr / compiler bug on ARM / MIPS when using -Os

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 31 21:36:52 CEST 2012

I think cpu bugs can only be fixed with microcode updates or with a
compiler workaround.

Henning

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Only the Truemobile 2300 and the the Asus WL-500G was mentioned in
>> the thread
>> and both of them is based on BCM4702/4710. An old post [1] on the
>> linux-mips
>> list indicates that those SoCs may have problems with the
>> 'branch-likely'
>> instructions, so this might not be a compiler bug at all.
>
> Thats a very good catch!
>
> I have to add  Atheros AR2313 / MIPS 4Kc V0.10 to the
> list of "obscure" platforms, but at the moment recent trunk
> is working.
>
> So: if this is not a compiler but a cpu-bug, how can this
> circumvented in a clean way? We cannot "ifdef" every package...
>
> bye, bastian

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."