[Olsr-dev] [OpenWrt-Devel] package olsr / compiler bug on ARM / MIPS when using -Os

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 29 17:39:36 CEST 2012

Can you maybe reproduce the bug just by putting the olsr_times() in a
program of its own?

Henning

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Disabling all optimization sounds like a horrible idea to me. How
>> about
>> identifying which specific optimization is causing this issue? If
>
> if you follow the thread, you can see it:
> https://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2012-August/006056.html
>
> problem1:
> for filing a bug-report we need to know mips and arm-assembler.
>
> problem2:
> it needs some time to fix the bug and
> to replace our linaro-gcc with the fixed one
>
> better larger binaries, than non-working binaries.
> for now i'am ok with only omit "-Os" for olsrd*
>
> affected archs are definitely some brcm47xx-boards,
> some ARM and some atheros-SoC-boards.
>
> bye, bastian

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."