[Olsr-dev] Multi-Topology Routing for OLSR

Daniel Nitzpon (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 10 09:35:56 CEST 2012

Am 07.08.2012 09:15, schrieb jpo:
>> Depends a bit on what you want to use it for (can't really figure
>> out a plausible non-research scenario atm).
>
> Reserve some links for high-priority traffic.
>
>> You're certainly aware of the quick and dirty version to just run
>> one olsrd per sub-topology in parallel on each device, I suppose?
>
> This only works if the topologies do not overlap, I think. If some
> links are shared between multiple topologies, this will break, won't
> it?

AFAIK it should work. You just need to tell the "low priority olsrd" to
ignore the relevant links.

But I fail to see the advantage of reserving certain links (and thereby
possibly breaking the topology of the low prio net) over prioritizing
traffic in general?!

Greetz,
Daniel