[Olsr-dev] OLSR/Ad-Hoc Setup on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Stephan Moczygemba (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 9 19:50:10 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I already posted in the users list
(https://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-users/2012-August/005214.html)
and got useful feedback - i.e. to ask here again :)

I try to setup OLSR on my Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1.1. I had no
success following the guide (http://www.olsr.org/?q=olsr_on_android),
even though each command from step 3 to 8 returned successful,
associating failed with "Association request to the driver failed" (you
can find the log in the thread linked above).
My next approach was to use Debian on my phone and try to get my
interface into ad-hoc mode with the aid of iwconfig. Unfortunately,
iwconfig doesn't work properly, displaying "no wireless extensions" for
wlan0.
Another approach I read in several forums is that I have to change the
wpa_supplicant daemon so that it supports ad-hoc mode. I am not an
expert on compiling and did not find a pre-built one for my device - but
may this the only way to go?

Thanks in advance for any comments on that topic.

Stephan