[Olsr-dev] Txtinfo plugin position table

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 31 11:00:51 CET 2011

On 10/30/2011 07:18 PM, (spam-protected) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to argue the case for adding an optional node lat/lon/elv
> position table to the txtinfo plugin output. The short term benefit is
> providing an easier way to map network topology. The long term benefit
> is having OLSR better prepared to handle mobile phone based networks.

Hi!

At the Dutch DoD we have been working on adding position information
into our OLSR networks for a while now. We always envisioned a future in
which (the core of) OLSRd has more knowledge of node positions so that
it can calculate the link metrics a little better. We are not there yet
however.

We currently have the PUD plugin (Position Update Distribution). It's
available on the PUD branch in the OLSRd git repository.

It implements position update distribution in an efficient manner, with
dampening, uplinking, and some more features.

Take a look if you're interested, and we would like to hear from you if
you have feedback :-)

Ferry Huberts
Teco Boot