[Olsr-dev] Student Introduction

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 21 11:23:19 CET 2011

On Mar 20, 2011, at 8:27 PM, ambarisha b wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some progress to report.I have studied the olsrd-plugin-howto
> document clearly and the case study of the sample Power status
> plugin.Now I have clearer idea of how to integrate a plugin to
> olsrd.But I can see that the SNMP plugin is going to be considerably
> more complex.Are there any specific concerns with the plugin? Should I
> be aware of any pitfalls, while I try to make a draft of the
> implementation ?

Quick note:

One mayor problem with any OLSR-SNMP plugin would be the size of the code
and the complexity of SNMP. While running SNMP might be totally fine
on a i386 based system with enough flash storage , it might be overkill
for very small embedded devices.

Anyway - as Saverio already said - please wait a bit, we need to update the
wiki.

a.