[Olsr-dev] Olsr.org cleanup preview

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Mar 5 16:11:42 CET 2011

During the lasts months I have made some plans how we can clean up our API of
Olsrd in the development branch.

I have created a branch "scheduler_cleanup" which implements one major part of
the cleanup.

In the scheduler_cleanup I have split the src/scheduler.[ch] files into three
parts:

- olsr_clock.[ch] contains the internal circular clock of the Olsrd, including
the functions from the old olsr_time.[ch] file.
- olsr_timer.[ch] contains the API for setting up timer events.
- olsr_socket.[ch] contains the API for using the socket scheduler of Olsrd
with your own sockets.

All three files got a clean namespace for their functions, that means
everything in olsr_clock begins with a olsr_clock_ prefix (similar with
olsr_timer and olsr_socket).

All code in the master branch has been adapted to the new API, so if noone
objects I will merge the scheduler_cleanup branch back into the master branch
during the BattleMesh event in two weeks.

Henning Rogge
--
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.