[Olsr-dev] unusable OSX routing table

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sun Jun 19 19:55:39 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM, math <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> hmm it already fails to delete routes, when updating them,..
>>
>> can u try it again with fib_metric=flat
>>

> Here the same thing with the configuration:
> FIBMetric "flat"
>
> As far as I see, the results are the same as without FIBMetric "flat".
>
> Interestingly the wrong route gets deleted by:
>
> KERN: Deleting 10.30.95.101/32 via 10.30.95.101

notice target == via

> but not by:
>
> KERN: Deleting 10.30.95.101/32 via 10.21.33.10
> Prefix 32 = Netmask: 255.255.255.255
>
> Maybe the Netmask/Prefix that once is here and once not could be the
> problem?

i dont think so

i guess its simpe the difference whether the route is to a direct neighbour,
or via another node,..
i asume the netmask is always /32, but its not diplsayed by route on first
type of routes,.

Markus

p.s as i have no access to an OSX system (and if i had, i`m not sure if i`d
find enough time)
so i guess i can/will not debug (and fix) this ,..

but if u want to try yourself, i would try to assist you.

p.p.s maybe in several months the bsd routing code is completely renewed (as
it lacks some features),
and chances are high that this might fix your OSX issues aswell
(but as actual bsd code runs well on bsd, and afair some/most osX versions,
it might continue to fail on your version/configuration)