[Olsr-dev] configuration for static ethernet links between nodes

fboehm (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 23 12:54:06 CET 2011

Hi,

I want to mount three or four OLSR-nodes with sectors antennas on a big
building to extend an OLSR network. The nodes are interconnected through
a simple ethernet switch. Perhaps later on also endusers are accessing
the olsr network through this switch.

I can use a /29 private subnet for the switched network to prevent
enlarging the routing tables. Or is it better to use /32 addresses for
the ethernet interfaces like it's typical in olsr networks?

Another question is, if it is necessary that the ethernet interfaces
send each other regularly HELLO messages because the switched ethernet
network is static at all. But I think it's also no problem if they do.

Does someone have a typical olsr configuration file for such a setup or
any hints or internet links for me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Franz