[Olsr-dev] Same IP on multiple interfaces

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 16 16:59:57 CET 2011

On Sunday 16 January 2011 11:48:44 fboehm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a discussion in September 2009 about using the same IP on
> multiple interfaces. After that I couldn't find any new information.
>
> Is it possible already or is someone working on it?
In my oppinion it should stay unsupported. I have been thinking about placing
a block into the master branch of OLSRd, but at the moment it is still a
warning.

Using the same IP on multiple interfaces is REALLY BAD.

The only semi-valid reason for it was to prevent main-ip changes... but this
are solved in the master branch, so it won't be necessary anymore.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized