[Olsr-dev] What version of LINUX?

RC Loh (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 2 04:31:05 CET 2011

Hi Markus, Gregor,

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

I am able to get the OLSR running on "ad hoc" mode now.

Now, I can start doing development work on the OLSR codes.

Thank you very much again. Greatly appreciated.

Rdgs,
Paul

________________________________
From: Markus Kittenberger <(spam-protected)>
To: RC Loh <(spam-protected)>
Cc: Gregor Glashüttner <(spam-protected)>; (spam-protected)
Sent: Tuesday, 1 February 2011 19:29:22
Subject: Re: [Olsr-dev] What version of LINUX?

if u set up an adhoc network, and ip adresses of same network on all your
devices/pcs and same/correct network mask on all their wifi interfaces

than, even without olsrd, you should be able to ping all other devices (at least
if they are in the same room)

if not not its definetly nothing olsd development related and (as this is the
olsrd-dev list) we are quite offtopic!

anyways,..

i guess none of your wifi interfaces sends out (correct) beacons (due to
probably not really usable drivers,..), ..
thats why u need to turn on a seperate wifi-router to correctly announce the
adhoc network (so that all your devices can at least join)

as u are using various brands of wifi devices, try to identify if all them have
the same problems,..
or simply switch all of them to atheros based wifis,.. *G

Markus

Hi Gregor,